Dental implants are still the best tooth replacement option available for healthy patients. Your jawbone and teeth are dependent on each other for stability. The jawbone can deteriorate or shrink when you lose teeth due to lack of stimulation. Dental implants slow the process of bone loss by replacing missing teeth down to the root. As a result, dental implants maintain your dental and facial structures, support your remaining teeth, and promote bone retention.
7 Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants are considered the gold standard of tooth replacements for a reason. There are several benefits to having dental implants compared to removable tooth replacements like dentures and partials:
- Permanent, sturdy, and reliable — Dental implants fuse to the jawbone and become a natural part of your mouth's anatomy. You don't have to worry about dental implants shifting in the mouth, loosening, or falling out when you speak or eat. Dental implants last a lifetime!
- Improves your mouth's bite power and natural function — Dental implants improve your ability to bite, chew, and eat your food with natural comfort and effectiveness. They also improve your speech and pronunciation, so you can speak and socialize with confidence.
- Enhances your smile's aesthetics — Not only do dental implants feel and function like natural teeth, but they look entirely natural too. No one will ever know you've had dental work!
- Prevents bone loss — Dental implants stimulate the jawbone and reduce the risk of bone resorption and deterioration.
- Prevents premature aging and facial sagging — Missing teeth can make your face look saggy. Dental implants fill in those empty spaces and support your facial muscles, creating a more youthful appearance.
- Keeps adjacent teeth in place — When you have missing teeth, the remaining teeth can shift into that space and create an uneven bite. Dental implants ensure your remaining teeth stay in the proper position.
- Prevents gum disease — A missing tooth gap traps food and bacteria, leading to gum disease. Dental implants fill in the empty spaces and reduce your risk of this condition.
Restore Your Smile and Confidence with Dental Implants
Do you have a missing tooth or several missing teeth? Don't hesitate to get in touch with our Tampa dental office today to learn more about your tooth-replacement options. Dr. Richard Mancuso is a dental implant expert and can create a customized treatment that perfectly fits your needs and goals.
Your smile deserves the best care!